Saturday, March 30, 2013

WIKI in the Classroom

     I am very excited about integrating WIKI into my classroom.  For the remainder of this school year, I planning on using it in small doses for grammar review while planning to use the program more effectively next school year when I have had time to plan my lessons further.  My English classes will be using the program to correct grammar sentences in teams.   I have found that my students will try harder during class if the assignment moves quickly and allows them to compete against each other.  I am going to have them team up, and each group will correct sentences together using any resource they can find.  The first group to complete their sentences wins that round.  We will play as many rounds as it takes to fill up our class time, or for the students to understand the material.

Link to class WIKI:

https://modernenglish2.wikispaces.com/home

1 comment:

  1. Another resource I use constantly is edmodo.com. It's like facebook for education.

    ReplyDelete