Sunday, March 31, 2013

Animoto in Motion

I had been introduced to Animoto by another teacher during my student teaching. I had saved the link, but I had not gone back and investigated the sight further. When I saw the link on ECAP, I immediately knew what I wanted to do with the sight, and how I wanted to use it first in the classroom. I am starting a book club for my 7th and 8th grade students next year, and I had not yet decided how I wanted to introduce the concept to the students. Animoto was my answer. We do daily announcements, and I think that the students will enjoy being able to watch the announcement. It will impact the majority of the students, and everyone will have the information they need, including teachers, to answer any questions students may have. I thoroughly enjoyed working in Animoto and purchased the upgrade package, so I could create longer videos for my students. I also think that Animoto would be a wonderful tool in the classroom to have the students create their own mini videos about our current curriculum. It would also be a wonderful to tool to have to introduce new units to my students. I am incredibly excited about the idea of utilizing Animoto in the classroom. I believe it will be a fun way to hook the interest of my students. Mrs. Junk

1 comment:

  1. I can see your students really grabbing a hold of Animoto for their projects. The daily announcements using it sounds excellent since it will give them regular practice using it as well!

    ReplyDelete